Hikin'

Here's something that took my breath away last weekend;




...the mountains (v-v-v-vuoori!)! Because Finland is quite a flat country, the mountains are exotic for me and they keep on impressing me every day. It's so cool that I see a mountain as the first thing from my window in the morning when I wake up. Mountains look stunning from far, and different times of the year they change their character a lot - some days they look better than others. But I think the mountains are even better when you climb to one of them and not just look at them from far away. There's so many mountains around Salzburg (and you can almost see the Alps), and still this was only the second time I've been to a proper hike since I came to Austria, my life has been quite a waste of good mountains so far. But now we decided with Nina to do this more often, it's such a good sport to be climbing uphill but also the view on top is something you just have to experience when staying in Austria. The photos are beautiful too, but seeing it with your own eyes is even better, breathing the fresh mountain air and feeling your legs aching like hell... An awesome feeling!

Emma came to visit me and we had four very busy but fantastic days in Salzburg and its surroundings. On Friday evening we took it easy at the Belgian beer bar, and then on Saturday drove with Nina and Pamela to Fuschl Am See, and started the hike to a mountain called Schober. It took us about one hour to go up and another hour to come down. We had a few breaks, drank ice tea and ate chocolate. At times the hike was more climbing than walking, there were a lot of rocks and you had to hold on with your hands, or otherwise you would've definitely slipped or fallen down.

Such a great day outdoors :)


Having a little break from hiking.

Pamela
Feeling like on top of the world.
Emma and her very pleased eating face.

Sweaty posers.


My love :)
There's the mountain we climbed to.
From my bed I can see the sun rising behind a mountain :)

2 kommenttia:

  1. näytetään ihan kunnon reippailijoilta, paitsi et oon karsee tos hikises kuvassa, näytän ihan mieheltä :D tulee mieleen se yks thaimaa-boat-kuva :D on kyl siistei nää kuvat, mut omilla silmillä kyl jotain niin paljon mahtavampaa!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. BUAHAHAHAH tiedan kylla mista kuvasta puhut :'D Etka oo karsee oot ihan tosi ihana siina kuvassa. Kuten siina boattikuvassakin.

      Poista

Piti ottaa sanavahvistus käyttöön kun alkoi tulla niin paljon hämärää roskapostia.
Anyway, please write a comment. I love getting comments!